1. Connect the power adapter to the D-Link Wifi router
Plug the adapter into an AC outlet. Check that the power LED to illuminate.
2. Plug the Ethernet cable into one of the Lan ports on the back of the wireless router, and plug the other end of the cable into the computer or laptop that you will use to setup your D-link router.
3. Now open the internet browser (Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla, etc.)
4. Type the default IP address described at the back of your router (generally 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1) in the address bar of your browser and press Enter.
5. Now the popup message will ask for Username and Password, by default they are admin/admin
6. Now the default page of the router will get opened like this:
7. For set up internet click ->Internet->Manual Internet Connection setup
From Manual Internet Connection Options
8. Set My internet Connection is: Static IP or PPPoE (for PPPoE write username and password).
9. Click on “Save setting”
10. Now unplug Ethernet cable from your laptop and router, and connect this Ethernet cable to your internet modem and your router’s internet WAN port.
11. Now connect your laptop to your WiFi SSID (the name you assigned to your network) and your password and use the Internet.
I think everything is fine, if there is any problem with the setup of your d-link router then contact your ISP company.